SCORESM Program (Smart Cooking on the Run Every Day)
(available at the ISU Pocatello Campus only)
The purpose of the SCORESM Program is to provide ISU athletes with the knowledge and skills to help them eat healthfully, based on their individual nutritional needs.
The goals of the SCORESM Program are:
- To empower ISU athletes to plan and cook healthful meals and snacks
- To educate ISU athletes on the basics of a nutritious diet
- To provide ISU athletes with resources for healthful meal planning, shopping and food preparation
- Individualized nutrition counseling to help athletes be optimally-fueled, in order to enhance their athletic performance
- Team talks on topics of interest to athletes
- Grocery store tours to help athletes learn how to healthfully navigate the supermarket
- Cooking classes and demonstrations to teach athletes the skills to empower them to eat healthfully
The SCORESM dietitian is Natalie Christensen, a licensed and registered dietitian nutritionist. Natalie graduated from ISU in 2001 with a degree in dietetics. While a student at ISU, she ran track and cross country from 1996-2000 and also played soccer for ISU in 1997.
ACEND: Accreditation Council For Education in Nutrition and Dietetics with in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
800/877-1600, ext. 5400