If you require a letter for any reason from Counseling & Testing Service, please note the following:
- Letters are provided at the discretion of Counseling & Testing Service according to your clinical history, current functioning, and relevant legal and ethical statutes.
- Letters will be provided only in the event that a treatment relationship has been established with a counselor at Counseling & Testing Service (i.e. engagement in ongoing group/couple/individual therapy or biofeedback services). Please note that attending a brief consultation, crisis session, or assessment and referral appointment does not qualify you as a client of this agency nor does it constitute having a therapeutic relationship with any provider of this agency.
- All requests for letters must be made in person at least five (5) working days in advance of when it is needed
- You must fill out a Release of Information before a letter will be given, even if you are requesting a letter made out to yourself.
- We do not provide letters and other documentation for emotional support animals.
- We do not provide excuses for missed classes or late or missed assignments/exams.
(208) 282-2130 - Counseling Services
(208) 282-4506 - Testing Services
Graveley Hall, South Tower, Room 351
Bennion Student Union Building, 2nd Floor, Room 223
Fall/Spring: M-F 8-5
Summer: M-F 7:30-4
If you or someone you know has a mental illness, is struggling emotionally, or has concerns about their mental health, there are ways to get help. Counseling and Testing Service is here to provide help to you, a friend, or a family member.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 in the US