Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (C-SURF)
Must be a Chemistry or Biochemistry major currently enrolled as Sophomores or Juniors.
Students must be either part-time or full-time and be in good academic standing.
Students must be conducting research in the Chemistry Department during Summer 2019.
The funds will cover up to $2500 in wages for the awardees.
Expectations of awardees:
1. Award recipients are expected to work 20-25 hours per week for approximately 8-10 weeks during the summer.
2. Award recipients are expected to present a poster or other presentation on their summer research at an appropriate venue such as ISU's Undergraduate Research Symposium or another professional meeting/conference.
3. Award recipients are expected to submit a Final Report including:
- Summary of your project accomplishments (research results)
- How this project has benefited your education
- Any other comments you may have
Students should submit the following electronically:
1. Student Statement (no more than one page in length)
- History of Research by Student Applicant
- List research advisor(s) and time(s) of research
- Include any poster or other presentations or papers.
- A statement from the student answering the following questions:
- Describe why they would like to participate in this research project.
- How will it benefit their education?
- How will it benefit future careers?
2. Abstract (approximately 250 words)
- Description of research project, its significance, and approach(es) to be used.
3. Faculty Letter of support
- From Summer Research Mentor
- Another Faculty Member
4. Unofficial Transcript(s) of Student Applicant
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-282-4444.
Deadline for all applicants is April 1, 2019.