We offer over 100,000 square feet of recreational facilities for students and members, including:
- Recreation Gym with Climbing Wall
- Indoor Pool
- Spinning Room
- Tennis Center
- Tennis Courts (Four indoor and two outdoor)
- Six Racquetball Courts
- Indoor Track
Please note some facility hours may be different from Campus Recreation hours.
Our facilities include the Student Recreation Center addition, opened in 2010, which offers a free weight area, two machine weight areas, two stretching areas, a cardio room, a cardio deck, TV lounge, massage Room, and dance Room.
The addition is connected on south-east side of Reed Gym.
Many of the spaces in Campus Recreation are available to rent for groups or events.
Contact Bill MacLachlan at (208) 282-3825 or email@example.com for more information on group rates and availability.
Specific inquiries for the climbing wall can be directed to Peter Joyce at (208) 282-3912.
Fitness and Gym Areas:
The Student Recreation Center includes a variety of options for wide range of recreation and physical activities. Some of these areas include:
- Cardio Area, featuring stationary bikes, rowers, steppers, ellipticals and treadmills
- Free Weight Area
- Weight Machine Area, featuring Hoist Roc-It Selectorized machines
- Basketball Courts, including 3 indoor courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer and badminton
Our pool is located in Reed Gym and is available for use to all faculty, staff and students. It is 6 lanes, 25 yards.
There is a viewing area located on the 2nd floor, and locker rooms are available on either side of the pool.
We also offer both private and group swim lessons.
Summer 2018 Pool Hours
Lap Swim (Up to 6 lanes)
Monday 6-8am, 11am-2pm
Tuesday 6-8am, 11am-2pm
Wednesday 6-8am, 11am-2pm
Thursday 6-8am, 11am-2pm
Friday 6-8am, 11am-2pm
Our climbing wall has 5,500 square feet of climbable space making it the most expansive wall in the regional area and one of the largest at any university. It was designed by Scott Vail of Nampa.
A fee is charged for non-student use of the facility.
Our climbing wall...
- is 125 feet wide
- is 35 feet high
- has a 25-foot horizontal roof overhang
- has 5,500 square feet of climbing surface
- includes 20,000 feet (4 miles) of metal tubing make up the interior frame
- has 3,000 holds from 9 different manufactures
- features 19 top rope stations, 17 lead climbing routes and 4 rappel stations
Climbing Wall will be closed
Open Climb at Ross Park
Takes Place Thursdays,
5-8pm until mid October
The Tennis Center in the Student Recreation Center includes 4 indoor courts, 2 outdoor courts, and 6 racquetball courts.
One hour reservations for all indoor courts can be made at the front desk up to 2 business days in advance.
We have racquets, balls and goggles available for checkout at the front desk, as well as a selection available for purchase in our pro shop.
The indoor track that runs around the Tennis Center is two lanes wide, with 7.5 laps per mile.
Campus Recreation Office