Professional Achievement Awards
Given annually during Commencement, the Professional Achievement Awards recognize Bengal alumni for their valuable and distinguished contributions to Idaho State University, their professions and to their communities.
Most Recent Recipients (2019)
- Fine Arts & Humanities: Stephanie Pemper
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: Doug Butler
- Natural and Physical Sciences: Brent J. Stacey
- College of Health Professions: Heidi Halverson
- College of Rehabilitation & Communication Sciences: Dan Mills
- College of Nursing: Joan Agee
- College of Pharmacy: Dan & Barbara Fuchs
- College of Business: Larry Bird
- College of Education: Kelly Rae
- College of Technology: Rick K. Eskelson
- Graduate School Doctoral Recipient: Bruce C. Kusch
Professional Achievement Award Description
Nominations for Professional Achievement Awards are directed to and accepted by the individual college Deans and unit heads throughout the year. The deadline for submitting nominations for Spring Commencement is January 23rd, 2019. Upon completion of the selection process in late February, award recipients were notified.
Nominate a deserving Bengal alumnus today. Entries may be emailed to the respective college/unit Dean or sent by regular postal mail.
Qualifications for nomination:
- Must be an alumnus of Idaho State University.
- Must show significant success and/or accomplishment in nominating field.
- Must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees include:
- A completed nomination form.
- Three letters of support - one may be from the nominator.
- A current resume or vitae for the candidate and other supporting materials such as newspaper articles, publications, or other resources that speak to the candidate's achievements.
Alumni are honored with Professional Achievement Awards from the following colleges and divisions:
College of Arts & Letters - 2 honorees
- Fine Arts & Humanities
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
College of Science & Engineering - 2 honorees
- Natural & Physical Sciences
Division of Health Sciences - 3 honorees
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
College of Business - 1 honoree
College of Education - 1 honoree
College of Technology - 1 honoree
Graduate School - 2 honorees
- Master's Candidate
- Doctoral Candidate