Professional Achievement Awards
Given annually during Commencement, the Professional Achievement Awards recognize Bengal alumni for their valuable and distinguished contributions to Idaho State University, their professions and to their communities.
Most Recent Recipients (2018)
- Fine Arts & Humanities: William Olson
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: Janice Jean
- Natural and Physical Sciences: Dr. Patrick Woodward
- Engineering: Jeff Andrews
- Health Sciences: Casey Dye
- School of Nursing: Michael McGrane
- College of Pharmacy: Edward Snell
- College of Business: Brent Phillips
- College of Education: Ron Watters
- College of Technology: Kevin Miller
- Graduate School Master's Candidate: Dave Gates
- Graduate School Doctoral Candidate: No 2018 recipient
Nominations for Professional Achievement Awards are directed to and accepted by the individual college Deans and unit heads throughout the year. The deadline for submitting nominations for Spring Commencement is January 18th, 2019. Upon completion of the selection process in late February, award recipients were notified.
Nominate a deserving Bengal alumnus today. Entries may be emailed to the respective college/unit Dean or sent by regular postal mail.
Qualifications for nomination:
- Must be an alumnus of Idaho State University.
- Must show significant success and/or accomplishment in nominating field.
- Must have been out of school for at least 10 years.
Criteria and materials reviewed by selection committees include:
- A completed nomination form.
- Three letters of support - one may be from the nominator.
- A current resume or vitae for the candidate and other supporting materials such as newspaper articles, publications, or other resources that speak to the candidate's achievements.