Accounting technicians perform a combination of calculating, posting, and verifying duties involving financial data using spreadsheets, database, and accounting software. They handle accounting for sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations by electronically processing accounting transactions, using journals and ledgers; preparing financial statements; and processing payroll.
You will gain extensive software skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint as well as advanced research and communication skills. Course work utilizes practical application and is designed to prepare you for today’s workplace.
- Program accepts students in August and January
- Typical classroom hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Associate of Applied Science Accounting Technology (2 years)
- Course Sequence Associate of Applied Science Degree: Accounting Technology
- Intermediate Technical Certificate Accounting Technology (1 year)
- Course Sequence Intermediate Technical Certificate: Accounting Technology
- Schools and colleges
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
- Professional offices
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|