Accounting Career Outlook
Starting Salary & Placement
|National Salaries||ISU Grad Salaries||ISU Grad Placement|
Public Accounting (Information Assurance and Tax Services)
- A CPA is licensed by the state to provide information assurance services, which includes auditing, risk assessment, entity performance measurement, compliance and reliability reporting to name a few. Auditing and assurance services aimed at modern corporations requires knowledge of information technology, knowledge of controls and how to evaluate them. Tax services include domestic and international tax planning, constructing tax efficient transactions and entities, as well as various compliance issues. Learn more
- As a strategic partner in almost any organization, managerial accountants are usually involved in cross-functional teams, analyzing financial information and using this information to help predict and direct the future. Learn more
- Forensic accountants help to detect fraud and to articulately present the results of their work to a judge and jury. Presentation skills are a critical part of the job. Learn more
- A business valuation specialist is needed to appraise "hard" assets and value "soft" assets such as a company's information base or work force, commonly at the time of sale of a business or in divorce situations where a family business is involved.
- Good financial planners understand investments, taxes, estate-planning issues, and know how to listen. They advise on such matters as retirement planning and the funding of family member education costs. Many accountants become Certified Financial Planners (CFPs).
Get to Know Our Alumni
Where They Work
The College of Business is home to the unique Professional Development program designed to prepare students for the career search beginning as early as their freshman year. Our Professional Development team will help students get setup with internships, networking opportunities and resume preparation. Learn more about the program.
Directory of Professional Development
(208)282-3637 | email@example.com
Assistant Professor of Professional Development
(208)282-2504 | firstname.lastname@example.org