What is a Fitness Assessment?
A fitness assessment is an individualized health/fitness appraisal of your current health & fitness status through a variety physical fitness tests. Each 45-minute assessment includes a review of your current health history, measurements of:
- resting blood pressure
- body composition (% bodyfat)
- cardiorespiratory endurance (aerobic fitness)
- upper body strength
- abdominal strength
- trunk flexibility
At the conclusion of your appointment, you'll receive personalized exercise and fitness recommendations to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Fitness Assessments are FREE to ISU students, faculty, staff. There is a nominal fee of $10.00 for spouses (with valid Bengal ID), and Alumni with ISU Alumni Card.
NOTE: AS OF JANUARY 2007, THERE WILL BE A $10.00 NO-SHOW FEE FOR MISSED SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS
How to Schedule A Fitness Assessment
Please call us at 282-2117 to schedule your appointment. You may also stop by our office in Reed Gym 205A.
Fitness Assessment Preparation Guidelines
Please follow these important fitness assessment preparation guidelines. By doing so assures the results of your assessments are as accurate as possible.
- Wear loose fitting clothes (jogging attire, shorts, training shoes, etc.)
- Avoid eating or drinking for three (3) hours before your assessment.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and coffee for at least three (3) hours before your assessment.
- Avoid exercising on the same day as your assessment. Exercise will elevate your blood pressure and resting heart rate - invalidating these measures.
- Try to get a good night's sleep the night before your assessment.
- Please inform a member of staff if you are suffering from any acute respiratory infection or related condition.
- If you have been given a medical questionnaire and/or fitness assessment consent form, please have them completed when you arrive.
Effective January 16, 2007, the Wellness Center will be implementing the following NO-SHOW FEE policy:
If you miss your scheduled fitness assessment appointment, you will be charged a $10.00 NO-SHOW FEE. If you cannot keep your appointment, please contact the Wellness Center at 282-2117 as soon as possible in advance.
Fitness Technicians Needed
The Wellness Center regularly hires students with a strong interest and background in exercise and fitness testing, to administer the assessments. If you are interested, please contact the Wellness Center at 282-2117 or email us.