All part time and full time fee paying ISU students and spouses of students may obtain services at the Student Health Center. The Student Health Center staff bills private insurance as well as ASISU student insurance. A valid student ID card or spouse card is required to obtain services.
Students are not required to purchase the ASISU student insurance in order to obtain services at the Student Health Center. However, full-time enrollment at ISU requires that students be covered by some form of health insurance.
Mission Statement and RoleMission Statement:
The mission of the ISU Student Health Center is to optimize the health of the student population and assist them in achieving their scholastic goals by providing affordable, quality health care for physical and psychological needs in a confidential, inclusive, and respectful environment.
- Provide excellent patient care, both in a medical clinic office and hospital setting, with a staff of qualified health care professionals.
- Provide appropriate referral to health care providers for services not available at the Student Health Center.
- Provide consultation to administrative officers in matters concerning student and employee health.
- Evaluate potential health risks and assist faculty and staff in establishing policies and procedures for minimizing or eliminating those risks.
- Provide health education programs in conjunction with other departments as well as ongoing education of individual students regarding disease processes and health care utilization when the student is evaluated as a patient.
All medical records are confidential and are not released without written authorization or by official court order except to legally authorized entities.
Same day morning appointments are available as well as advance appointments for special procedures. A walk-in clinic is available each day. Please call early in the morning for a “same day” morning appointment or call us any time at 282-2330 for walk-in clinic information.
Full-time students and part time students pay an assessment included in registration fees, which entitle them to access Student Health Center services. Spouses of full-time students may also utilize the Student Health Center for small clinic fee. Laboratory studies, X-rays, medications, and miscellaneous services are available on a fee for service basis.