The Mission of the Radiographic Science Program is to provide students with both the academic and technical foundations to competently and safely perform Radiologic procedures, to prepare qualified imaging technologists who will ethically respond to the needs of patients with technical competence and compassion, and to assume a vital professional role as a medical team member.
• Prepare leaders in radiography for today and tomorrow by providing baccalaureate education.
• Academics – promoting excellence in all academic endeavors.
• Knowledge – recognizing the significance of new knowledge in a profession that is predisposed to change while maintaining traditional values and emphasizing the needs of the patient.
• Dedication – helping meet the statewide and regional needs by providing access to quality education to prospective students.
• Community – meeting the needs of the community in the health care setting by providing competent, qualified, technologists who are eligible upon graduation to sit for the national certification examination in radiography sponsored by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).