Get To Know The IPO Student Staff
Victor was born in Brownsville TX. Victor received his bachelors degree in General Studies from ISU in 2012. Victor has also continuously performed since 2007 at The Northwest American College Dance Festival Conference, and was invited in 2008 to The National ACDFA Conference at Columbia University in New York City.
Victor has worked for International Programs Office since the Fall of 2010.
- Favorite song/music genre: Viva la Vida by Coldplay, Pop music is the BOMB!
- Favorite part of job: Working with students
- Favorite color: Red, Black, and Turquoise
- Favorite movie: Phantom of the Opera
- Lifelong dream: To go to Hawaii and Europe, tour the world with Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez
Megan was born and raised in Blackfoot, Idaho. As a young child, Megan participated in a community choir Talents Sprouts at the age of five. Several years later, in 2005, Megan started her academic studies at Idaho State University and auditioned in the Spring of 2006 for the Music department. Megan enjoys choreographing and performing dance, singing in the selected ISU Chamber choir, and participating in theatrical productions. Megan is currently seeking a degree in Music Education (emphasis in voice) and has a Minor in Dance. Megan is currently finishing her degree while performing for ISU and community venues. Megan looks forward to creating original works with community members from various cultures, areas of study, and various beliefs in order to enrich Pocatello’s knowledge.
Megan joined the International Programs team the summer of 2011. Megan enjoys the opportunity to interact with international students. “It is truly great to meet ambitious people from all over the world and truly great to be able to enjoy the traditions from other places.”
- Favorite song/music genre: My taste in music varies from opera to old punk bands, not the pop-punk music. I like bands/performers such as Maria Callas, Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Pat Benatar, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, Bikini Kill, Queen, Blondie, Billy Idol, Patsy Cline, Operation Ivey, Broadway tunes, etc… as well as local artist of various genres in Pocatello and surrounding areas.
- Favorite part of job: answering the phone! I’m the first person that gets to speak with new students and it’s always exciting to meet them when they arrive in beautiful Pocatello.
- Favorite color: R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.
- Favorite movie: I like the classics: Ninja Turtles, Labyrinth, 28 Days, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, Fight Club, Amelie, Pan’s Labyrinth, Star Trek, Silent films, Bio-Dome, Princess Bride, Dawn of the Dead (both old and new), Copy Cat, Teen Witch, and live theatre productions!!!
- Lifelong dream: My lifelong dream is continuous; to be and let be… to just live, love, and enjoy what life gives us…
Abeer was raised in Saudi Arabia and came to United State in 2009. She had previously earned a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in sociology and is currently studying for a Master’s degree in Health Education at ISU. Abeer previously taught health at schools in Saudi Arabia during International Health Awareness days, educating people on common diseases and CPR.
Abeer plans to complete her current study and begin a PhD in education leadership. Her motto in life is, “To hit the target, you must take an action”. She enjoys helping international Students to succeed in their education.
- Favorite song/music genre: Jazz, Country Music and Hip Hop
- Favorite part of job: Helping students
- Favorite color: Light Blue and Light Pink
- Favorite movie: Action and Comedy
- Lifelong dream: Finish her PhD, be a university professor, travel the world and help people succeed in life.