We encourage you to take advantage of our on-campus housing. The residence halls and apartment complexes are conveninent and provide many resourses and services. Students are especially encouraged to stay in the residence halls at least during their first semester at ISU. Students are more likely to succeed academically and make social connections by living with other international and American students. Visit the Housing Office website for information on cost and availablity.
There are many off-campus housing options around and close to the ISU campus, including student complexes and privately owned rental properties. The following resources may be helpful in finding off-campus units:
- Online Rental Listing (BengalDens)
- ApartmentList.com (Pocatello Listing)
- Zumper.com (Pocatello Listings)
- Zillow.com (Pocatello Listings)
- Google Search for "student housing pocatello"
- Talk to friends from school already in off-campus housing. They may be your best resource.
- Check the bulletin boards around campus
- Check the Idaho State Journal classified ads. The ISJ is available free of charge in teh Student Union and Rendezvous Center. Ask the person at the Information Desk where to find it. You can alo find classified ads at www.journalnet.com.
- Walk the university neghborhood and look for signs saying "For Rent".
The cost of a shared apartment begins at about $250, not including cost of utilities. Living off-campus alone could cost much more ($500 - $1000 per month). Always be sure to read carefully the stipulations of the contract that comes with renting an apartment.