Welcome to the Master of Health Education (MHE) Program
To prepare individuals for careers as health educators and health practitioners to effectively teach and implement health education strategies in schools, hospitals, worksites, and community health programs. The program prepares students as health practitioners to identify and access the needs of its service population, implement health programs to address local health need and otherwise assure conditions that protect and promote the health of the community.
1. Assessing individual and community needs for health education.
- Obtain data
- Analyze behavioral indicators
2. Planning effective health education programs.
- Recruit other resource people for support & assistance in program planning.
- Develop a logical scope & sequence plan.
- Formulate measurable objectives.
- Select strategies best suited to objectives.
3. Implementing health education programs.
- Diversity of methods & individual & group processes.
- Utilize wide variety of instructional equipment.
- Revise & adjust objectives & methods as necessitated by changes in learner needs.
4. Evaluating effectiveness of health education programs.
- Determine standards of performance.
- Facilitate administration of various evaluation methods.
- Interpret results of program evaluation.
- Infer implications from findings for future program planning.
5. Coordinating provisions of health education services.
- Match available resources with program activities.
- Facilitate cooperation & collaboration between and among personnel related to program.
- Organize in-service training programs.
6. Acting as a resource person in health education.
- Utilize computerized health information retrieval systems effectively.
- Establish effective consultative relationships with those requesting assistance.
- Interpret & respond to requests for health information.
7. Communicating health & health education needs, concerns, and resources.
- Interpret concepts, purposes, & theories of HE.
- Predict the impact of societal value systems on HE.
- Select a variety of communication methods & techniques in providing health information.
- Foster communication between health care providers and consumers.