Student Association of Health Care Administrators (SAHCA)
The Student Association of Health Care Administrators is an official ASISU association that has been in existence since the 1970s. SAHCA is a professional organization established to “formally organize students interested in Health Care Administration (HCA), to facilitate communication between students of Health Care Administration, and to promote ideas and suggestions for the benefit of students of Health Care Administration” (SAHCA Constitution, 2005).
While SAHCA is focused primarily on Health Care Administration, it is open to all Idaho State University students interested in health administration, health promotion, and heath care.
Benefits for Students Joining SAHCA – “Priceless”
Benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resume Advantage – Joining a professional association indicates you are serious about your profession. Listing it on your resume gives you distinction; making you “stand out” from others.
- Networking – You really do have opportunities to network with ISU alums in HCA and others from whom you can learn about professional practice, as well as, make great connections for the future.
- Exposure to HCA Culture – As a pre-professional, you’ll have opportunities to tap into some of the HCA practice culture through Brown Bag lunch presentations, seminars, and other activities such as site visits to healthcare facilities.
- Increased Knowledge about Current Issues and Practices – become conversant with this beyond the classroom.
- Attend State and National Conferences with Support from the Association, ASISU, and the Community – expand your horizons beyond Southeastern Idaho on HCA.
JOIN SAHCA NOW AND JUMP START YOUR FUTURE.
Please contact SACHA President (Contact Information Provided below) to request a membership form. For more information, contact the Department of Health Care Administration, Beckley Nursing Building, room 307; (208) 282-2842. The annual membership fee is $10 ($15 to include a stylish SAHCA T-shirt).
Monthly Meetings, Leadership & Service Opportunities
Generally, meetings are held monthly in October, November, December, January, February, March, and April. Several Brown Bag luncheon events with various health care related leaders and speakers will be provided each year. Additionally, SAHCA will facilitate various opportunities to perform health care related service to enhance your networking and resume-building prospects. Please contact any one of the officers below for further information.
Current Officers and Event Chairs
|Co - President||Tynan Ofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co - President||Darrel Burkeemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Abraham Ortizfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary/Web Coordinator||Sam Perryemail@example.com|
|Faculty Advisor||Stephen Wrightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dept. Admin. Support||Tracie Chandleremail@example.com|