Why attend ISU for Health Care Administration
Reasons why students choose the Health Care Administration Program at Idaho State University:
- In its 40th year, the HCA program at ISU remains the only Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) certified program in Idaho.
- The B.S. in HCA degree includes a minor in business, thus enabling graduates to go on and complete a past-track MBA (with healthcare emphasis) in just twelve more months.
- This non-cohort program allows students to matriculate whenever they meet the program's admission criteria, and pace their completion toward graduation on a full or part-time basis.
- Full-time and adjunct faculty bring to the classroom the perspective and wisdom that comes from decades of practical healthcare executive management experience.
- An even combination of classroom-based vs online courses enhances the availability and flexibility of the program, enabling more than 50% of students to work full or part-time while pursing the HCA degree.
- The 4-credit post-didactic internship offers students real-world experience with many of the leading healthcare providers in Idaho.
- Over 85% of undergraduate HCA students successfully go on to graduate school (usually MHA or MBA) or pursue entry-level positions in a variety of healthcare settings.
-Callie Jo Robbins