The Energy Systems Technology and Education Center has developed the following eleven modules to support the education and training of future Instrumentation and Controls technicians. Please click on the links below to view the individual modules. Please contact ESTEC at 208-282-3085 for additional information.
Instrumentation and Controls Technology
- Module # 1 Electrical Safety
- Module # 2 Solenoids, DC Generators and DC Motors
- Module # 3 AC Generators, Transformers, and AC Motors
- Module #4 Motor Controls
- Module # 5 Electrical Transmission, Distribution, and Protection
- Module # 6 Relay Control Logic
- Module # 7 Temperature Measurement
- Module # 8 Pressure Measurement
- Module # 9 Level Measurement
- Module #10 Flow Measurement
- Module #11 Analytical Measurement
Strategies for Improving Learner Outcomes in Energy Systems Instrumentation and Controls Education
This presentation highlighted a selection of the Instrumentation and Controls curriculum and laboratory exercises developed under Grant #0703169.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DUE-0603275. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.