Early Childhood Care & Education
Early childhood care and education providers are responsible for meeting the specific needs of a group of children by nurturing their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- They create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for all children.
- They develop respectful, reciprocal relationships with families and involve families in their children's learning.
- They use effective assessment strategies in a responsible way to positively influence children's development and learning by designing, implementing, and evaluating meaningful curriculum.
Early childhood care and education providers advocate for children and conduct themselves as members of the early childhood profession by upholding ethical and professional standards.
- Program begins in August
- Program admits 20 students each year
- Accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Certificates & Degrees
- Early Childhood Care and Education Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Early Childhood Care and Education Intermediate Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Early Childhood Care and Education Basic Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Early Childhood Care and Education (4+ years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education (2+2 years)
- Child care centers
- Head Start and early start programs
- Government and educational services
- Amusement and recreation industries
- Self employment
- Civic and social organizations
|COMPASS||Writing: 55||Algebra: 38|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 320|
Cost of Attendance
Fees apply to the current Idaho State University fee schedule which includes mandatory student health insurance. Students with existing health insurance coverage may waive student health insurance. Waivers are available at http://www.isu.edu/stuhlth/insurance/.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.