Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Do These Questions Apply to You or Someone You Know?
- Still don't have a high school diploma?
- Having trouble finding a job because of poor reading, writing, or math skills?
- Wish you could help your children or grandchildren with their homework?
- Want to learn English?
- Need to brush up on skills to prepare for college?
The Adult Basic Education program at the Adult Sucess Center offers free, comprehensive assessment and instruction in basic skills, including reading, writing, math, and English as a Second Language (ESL). The program provides literacy instruction, preparation for the GED® Tests and skills brush-up for college entrance or employment. In addition to classes and guided independent study, Internet and other distance learning options are available. Outreach centers operate throughout southeastern Idaho.
The Adult Success Center can help students who are preparing to get into college and need extra help with basic skills through the College Readiness program.
We have a program that is right for you! Adult Basic Education at Idaho State University's College of Technology can help you learn what you need to become more effective workers, citizens, family members, and lifelong learners. The only requirements are that you are 16 or older and no longer attending a K-12 program.
All Services are FREE and Confidential! The Adult Basic Education staff cares about your progress and success. Staff members will be there every step of the way to give encouragement and to challenge you to do your best.
- Group and individual instruction
- Self-study manuals
- Educational software in a lab setting
- Web courses and distance learning programs
- Flexible schedules
- Helpful staff available to answer questions
- The support of others going through the same process
- Annual GED® graduation ceremony
We welcome volunteer tutors and donations for GED® scholarships. Call (208)282-2468 for more information