The College Executive Committee (CEC) serves an important advisory function to the Dean and Associate Deans on issues critical to the operation of the College, particularly the strategic development of the College. It is one of two standing faculty committees.
The CEC also considers faculty promotion and tenure recommendations, reviews sabbatical applications, and other issues as identified by the College leadership.
The CEC is comprised of six tenured faculty members (three from each division of the College) who are selected following a vote of faculty in their respective division.
Faculty members are selected to serve on this committee for a term of three years (the terms are staggered in one-year increments) and may serve no more than six consecutive years.
Only one faculty member from any department may serve at any one time.
A member of the Chairs’ Council is appointed by the Dean to serve as an additional ex officio, non-voting member.
- Nancy Legge, Communication, Media & Persuasion (Term: 2015-2018)
- Russell Wahl, Philosophy (Term: 2016-2017)
- Tara Young, Theater & Dance (Term: 2016-2019)
- Erika Kuhlman, History (Term: 2014-2018)
- DJ Williams, Sociology, Scoial Work, & Criminology (Term: 2016-2019)
- Michele Brumley, Psychology (term: 2014-2017)
- Raphael Njoku, Ex-officio Member, Chair of Global Studies & Languages
The Cultural Events Committee brings together the University and Idaho communities into a rich cultural center of activities. It is one of two standing faculty committees.
By sponsoring events that feature visual and performing artists, speakers, and exhibits, it links people of different backgrounds but who have a common interest.
The committee has two grant programs that are used to help sponsor appropriate events.
The Cultural Events Committee logo is available for download.
The following faculty members serve three-year terms on the Cultural Events Committee:
- Terry Ownby, College of Arts & Letters (Communication, Media & Persuasion), Chair
- Bethany Schultz Hurst, College of Arts & Letters (English & Philosophy)
- King Yik, College of Arts & Letters (International Studies)
- Karen Portillo, Division of Health Sciences (Dental Hygiene)
- Tracy Payne (Math)
The College of Arts & Letters has various committees that help the College continue to thrive. Below is a list of the different committees and the faculty members who serve on them.
Gender and Sexuality Committee:
- Amanda Zink, English (Term: 2015-2017)
- Kellee Kirkpatrick, Political Science (Term: 2016-2018)
- DJ Williams, Sociology, Social Work, & Criminology (Term: 2015-2017)
- Sarah Partlow Lefevre, Communication, Media, & Persuasion (Term: 2016-2018)
General Education Requirements Committee (GERC)
- Jim Skidmore, Philosophy (Term: 2016-2019)
- Tera Letzring, Psychology (Term: 2015-2017)
- Shandra Helman, Music (Term: 2014-2017)
- Laura Ahola-Young, Art (Term: 2015-2019)
- Liz Cartwright, Anthropology (Term: 2015-2017)
- Justin Stover, History (Term: 2016-2019)
- Kathleen Lane, Music (Term: 2015-2018)
- Thomas Klein, English & Philosophy (Term: 2015-2017)
- Joshua Swift, Psychology (Term: 2016-2019)
- Norm Schroder, Theater & Dance, Alternate
- Katrina Running, Sociology, Social Work, & Criminology, Alternate
University Library Committee
- Shane Gleason, Political Science (Term: 2016-2019)
- Susan Goslee, English & Philosophy (2015-2017)
- Zac Gershberg, Communication, Media, & Persuasion (Term: 2015-2018)
- Xiaomeng Xu, Psychology (Term: 2015-2018)
- Tom Kloss, Music (Term: 2014-2017)
- Brian Attebery, English & Philosophy (Term: 2015-2018)
Cultural Events Committee (3-year term)
- Sean Anderson, Political Science
- Vanessa Ballam, Theatre
- Pat Brooks, Music
- Deirdre Caputo-Levine, Sociology
- Amanda Zink, English
BAS/BAT Committee (3-year term)
- Tony Hoskin, Sociology
Fine Arts & Humanities
College Executive Committee (3-year term)
Faculty Senate (3-year term)
University Curriculum Council (3-year term)
- Carmen Febles, Spanish
Graduate Council (3-year term)
Research Council (3-year term)
University Library Committee (3-year term)
- Sonja Launspach, English
- Malliga Och, International Studies
- Terry Ownby, Communication, Media, and Persuasion
Social and Behavior Sciences
College Executive Committee (3-year term)
- Mark McBeth, Political Science
Faculty Senate (two positions - 3-year term and 1-year term)
General Education Requirements Committee (3-year term)