Advanced Imaging Core Facility
The following is a brief list of the equipment the AICF houses:
- Olympus FV1000 inverted laser scanning confocal microscope with 4-channel simultaneous acquisition (3 'color' and 1 DIC)
- Olympus upright multiphoton (MPE) microscope with Mai Tai DeepSee laser, motorized stage, silicone immersion and MicroProbe objectives
- Zeiss transmission electron microscope
- Leica upright fluorescence microscopes with DIC and phase contrast (DMRA and DMRB)
- MetaMorph for Olympus Image Analysis. A stand-alone image analysis system that includes the advanced program MetaMorph and other image and data analysis software for offline use.
- Histology stations: Leica CM3050 motorized cryostat, RM2255 fully automated rotary microtome for paraffin embedded tissues, and TP1020 benchtop tissue processor