Review of applications for teaching and research assistantships for fall semester will begin on February 1. A late application may lower the probability that you will receive support.
If you are interested in applying to the Microbiology Graduate Program, please click here.
Instructions for applying to Biology Graduate Program at ISU:
Please contact Noreen King at email@example.com for updates on your graduate application to Biological Sciences.
DOWNLOAD the Biology Department Information Sheet, and complete all areas. Mail or fax the completed form and an unofficial copy of your transcript to:
- Department of Biological Sciences
- 921 S. 8th Avenue, Stop 8007
- Pocatello, ID 83209-8007
NOTE: A faculty member in Biological Sciences must agree to serve as the applicant's advisor before a student will be accepted in the graduate program. Before returning your application you MUST contact Biology faculty members that have similar research interests to your own and who may be willing to act as a research supervisor. In your application indicate which faculty you have contacted. Please consult the description of research interests and areas of expertise of faculty members in Biological Sciences at Idaho State University here.
DOWNLOAD the Recommendation Form and have three individuals who can evaluate your potential for graduate study complete and mail the form to the address above.
Apply to the Graduate School. You may apply online or send the following materials:
- Graduate School Deadlines for Application (Degree Seeking students must submit completed applications no later than the following):
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 1
- Application for Admission Form
- $55 application fee (payable to Idaho State University)
- GRE scores
- One official transcript
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Graduate Student Non-Resident Tuition Waiver form
- Graduate Admissions
- Graduate School
- 921 S. 8th Avenue, Stop 8075
- Pocatello, ID 83209-8075