How to Prepare for an Advising Appointment
Bring relevant paperwork and forms with you:
- Keep your own advising folder with all department handouts, relevant documents, plans of study, major checklists and other materials you are given by the department or Central Academic Advising (CAA).
- Add to your advising folder copies of your transcripts (downloaded from your BengalWeb), copies of petitions, copies of emails/mails from the university (Financial Aid, Admissions, Registration)
- Make a list of questions you have for your advisor.
Do you need:
- General Education Objectives (for Catalog Year beginning 2013-14)
- Financial Aid Appeal
- Readmission Petition (from CAA office) and Application for Readmission (pdf)
- Late Registration Petition (pdf)
- Idaho Residency Forms
Answer the following questions prior to your advising appointment:
Before scheduling an appointment with an advisor make sure that you are prepared for your session. Begin by answering the following questions:
- What is your Major? ISU MAJORS
- What degree are your pursuing?
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology (BAT)
- What are your time constraints regarding your availability for classes?
- Are you employed? How many hours a week? Childcare? Other obligations?
- What are your time preferences regarding your class schedule?
- Generally classes are offered two days a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes each day, three days a week for 50 minutes each day, or once a week for 2 1/2 to 3 hours each class. Classes are scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- When will you study? (For every credit you take, plan on 2 hours of study each week).