Minority Advisory Board
Welcome the Minority Advisory Board Webpage. The purpose of the Minority Advisory Board (MAB) is to serve as a resource for ISU student-athletes, the university and surrounding community. Its mission is to be a resource that helps identify and address issues of diversity and equality in athletics, and to assist new and existing student-athletes as they adjust to ISU and the surrounding communities. We hope that you will check back frequently to keep up to date with the board’s work.
In providing leadership and support for minority student-athletes, the MAB works to identify pathways for them to engage in campus-wide and community-wide activities that will enrich their experience and those of their supporters alike.
The MAB strives to promote equity and diversity through:
- Identifying campus and community role-models who assist minority student-athletes adjust to college life in Pocatello and the surrounding areas as they complete their education at ISU.
- Identifying and addressing the unique issues related to minority student-athletes’ cultural needs, perceptions of the community and overall campus climate.
- Educating incoming minority student-athletes about campus and community resources.
- Cultural Activities
- Consultation and training on diversity issues for staff and students when requested
- Diversity presentations, forums and other activities in conjunction with cultural months or national days of recognition
Assistant Director EO/AA and Diversity
Office: Rendezvous 157D
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action and Diversity
Rendezvous Bldg. Rm. 157
921 S. 8th, Stop 8315
Pocatello, ID. 83209