Minority Advisory Board
We provide leadership and support for minority student-athletes and work to find pathways for you to engage in campus and community activities that we hope will enrich your experience and the community members who support you. We:
- Identify campus and community role-models to help minority student-athletes adjust to life in Pocatello and the surrounding areas.
- Address issues related to minority student-athletes’ cultural needs.
- Educate incoming minority student-athletes about campus and community resources.
- Seek out and provide information about campus and community cultural activities
- Consult and train on diversity issues for staff and students when requested.
Our purpose is to be a resource for student-athletes, the university and surrounding community by promoting diversity and equality for new and existing student-athletes as they adjust to ISU and the surrounding communities. We hope that you will check back frequently to keep up to date with the information provided.
Assistant Director EO/AA and Diversity
Office: Rendezvous 157D
Professor, College of Business
Office: Graveley Hall 105
Assistant Director Admissions Visitor Center
Office: Museum, 426
Assistant Athletic Director for Certification
Office: Holt Arena
Associate Director Student Success Center
Office: Rendezvous Building, room 323
Introducing the Minority Advisory Board's
Breaking Boundaries Award
The Minority Advisory Board is pleased and excited to call for nominations for the Minority Advisory Board's Annual Breaking Boundaries Award. The intent of the award is to recognize an outstanding female and male scholar athlete who are campus and community leaders both in and outside of the classroom. The award will be presented at the 2017 Bennion Banquet Award Dinner. Nominees should have a record of:
- Academic achievement
- Community and campus involvement
- Promoting the ideals of diversity and inclusion on campus or in the surrounding comunity
The award is available to any rostered member of an athletic team with a GPA 3.0 or better.
To nominate a scholar athlete, please fill out the electronic form below.
Nominate a Student Athlete
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action and Diversity
Rendezvous Bldg. Rm. 157
921 S. 8th, Stop 8315
Pocatello, ID. 83209